Translate

Tuesday, 10 March 2015

Birthday Bouquet

WOW ! It's 4 degrees celsius today and the sun is shining brightly. My DH got inspired to clean out the pool and we're having a party. Robin was the first one in, but he was quickly joined by a whole lot of friends.


 Chickadees, Red Polls. Pine Siskins, Goldfinches and Juncos were all lined up just waiting for a chance to get in. I've never seen so many birds in the bath at one time before!
As you can see, the snow is still right up to the level of the bath, but it is really starting to melt. Thankfully, it will be a while yet before it melts down to mud level. I hate Mud Season!
Well, in spite of all the snow, it does feel like Spring is on it's way, so I made a card loaded with flowers using all Impression Obsession flower dies.
The pink polka dot paper has sparkly dots, and is really pretty. I cut all the flowers out of white paper and painted them with Twinkling H2O's. The sentiment was cut out three times and layered then painted with white Perfect Pearls. I added Liquid Pearls to the centres of all the flowers.
Here are the dies I used:
Spellbinders A2 Floral Ribbon Threader
Impression Obsession : Spiral Daisy DIE071-I
                                     Small Sprial Flowers DIE042-I
                                     Leaf Cluster DIE066-C
                                     Leaves and Stems DIE150-D
                                     Greeting Set DIE174-W

I'm entering this into the following :
Impression Obsession's Challenge, Think Spring
Simon Says Stamp's Challenge, Special lady/ Girly

8 comments:

  1. hello Shona! luv your card, awesome flowers and details! sweet photos, such a gorgeous real life scene....thanks for sharing! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty flowers on this super-"Spring-y" card, Shona (and I really love the photos of your bird bath - brilliant!).

    Roz M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So Pretty! What a great card! Thank you for inspiring! Yup, spring is on it's way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! The bouquet is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bright and CHeery! Just what is needed on a chilly winter day! thanks for joining us at IO stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pic.'s of the birds . Your card is so pretty with that big pink flower love how you threaded the ribbon around the card great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE THIS!!! See if I believe YOU the next time I hear 'my mojo is gone!' This is absolutely stunning, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, I love the birds! Your card is beautiful; you have made flowers I can only dream of making!

    ReplyDelete