Translate

Thursday, 4 February 2016

Watercolour Sunflower

I've been taking another Online Card Class. I find these classes really help when I am uninspired by crafting. This class is Watercolor For Cardmakers - Intermediate Techniques. I have really enjoyed this class, but I still have the same problems*sigh*. I keep accidentally getting stray drops of water falling on my paintings and messing them up. I don't think clumsy can be fixed with a class.
I love paint and I absolutely am not deterred that most of my paintings are a total flop. Onward and upward!!
Most of the paintings that I did for this class were on premade thank-you cards I bought at Michaels. They are not made with watercolour paper, but the paper works really well ( I have no idea why).
This Sunflower is the only one that I liked that I did on watercolour paper.

This is done on Arches cold-pressed 140lb paper. I used a combination of Color Bursts (used as paint), and W&N Cotman water color from tubes. The sentiment stamp is by MFT. I heat embossed the sentiment with purple to go with the purple I used in the sunflower, although it's hard to tell in the photo. I die cut the paper with a die from SSS that does a stitched edge.
Here is a photo of some of the Thanks cards I did.

6 comments:

  1. Good LORD!!! Got my blog update this morning and this....THIS....makes me insane because it's so crazy beautiful!!!! Is now to your genius but don't want to throw my back out. Wow wow wow! Really stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn you autocorrect!!! .that shudder read 'I'd bow to your genius but don't want to throw my back out.'

      Delete
  2. WOW what a fabulous collection you made...the flower you showcased is beyond stunning!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your paintings are absolutely gorgeous. I love 'loose' watercolouring paintings which you have in your style. I think that a stray water droplet would add interest, don't worry about it! Well done! Thanks for your visit to my blog... yes I do enjoy winter, but we don't have much snow this year which I find so beautiful. Today is so bright and sunny with no wind chill, we are heading out to enjoy an nice walk :) I love hearing from other people that also love winter. Too many people complain about it here, they can't seem to see beauty in everything that we have. Cheers, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. H Shona. I was thinking of you the other day.
    I had a bad migraine and I really wanted to do some crafting but could not get up to do it. I'm hoping that your hiatus from your blogging/crafting is due to dog training and not these darn migraines.
    These cards are all so gorgeous!
    We do not see your clumsiness in these-only beauty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey again! These caught my eye before leaving your blog so I had to comment. Love the uplifting feel of these flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete