The colours to be used are Lipstick Red, Peach Puff and Blue Green. Here's the inspiration for the challenge.
I started my card by stamping the "Soda Fountain" image three times and used the required colours to colour it. I cut out different parts from the second and third stampings to layer on the first, and used Glossy Accents on the cherry and the strawberry sauce. I layered that on DP cut with a Becca Feecan die, then on a SB Labels Twenty-Eight. I used the corner accent from my brand new SB Lace Hearts die set. I <3 this set !!
This was my first time using this stamp set, but with all the ice-cream fans in my family I think I'll be using it a lot!
Update : Yay !! This card was choosen as one of the JR Challenge #112 Winners.
The JustRite challenge is found here :
http://justritestampers.typepad.com/justrite-inspiration/2014/01/justrite-friday-challenge-112-color-inspiration.html

Hi Shona, I saw your card on the Challenge site and just had to comment on how fun and cheerful it is! I love that stamp set although I don't have it....yet! I think you really nailed this challenge!
ReplyDeleteShona- this rocks. I really just love the colors and patterns and your image is "wow"!
ReplyDeleteWhat a really happy and cool ( no pun intended) card!!!
Have a great weekend!
Shona I totally love your card! It's just so happy! The colors are awesome!
ReplyDeleteShona, your card looks Amazing!! Love the layering and the cool design. LOVE!!
ReplyDeleteOMGosh, Shona, what a really beautiful and "sweet" card!! I love ice cream and that makes me drool!!! I love the different DP's you used with it and that bow is the perfect embellishment too! Yummmmmmmmmmmmmm!
ReplyDeleteAnother beauty, love those colours ! Beautiful bow I agree with the other Shirley :) Cheers, Shirleyx
ReplyDeleteAnother beautiful card love all the layers . I must say you are the queen of bows.
ReplyDeleteSo cute, Shona! Gorgeous colors and details!♥
ReplyDeleteShona, girl this is gorgeous. You really worked the challenge.
ReplyDeleteHi Shona. I agree with the others-this card rocks! I love the red polka dots- so fun, not to mention that yummy ice cream stamp!
ReplyDeleteLucy said it perfectly -- this card truly ROCKS!!! Thinking I'll just delete my simple card now -- LOL! Really do think you just nailed not only the colors, but your choice of dies/papers/stamps are sweet perfection (pun intended)!!! May just have to have this set now?!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Marge - You nailed this one for sure! This truly makes me hungry - LOL!! Great use of color and happy papers!! Thanks for sharing with us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)
ReplyDeleteI totally love your card. It is so happy. The colors and the papers you use are just beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWOW!! Such a BEAUTIFUL Card!! I LOVE the different layers and the FUN Design!! Great Coloring as usual too!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)
ReplyDeleteI love this card. So sweet!!! You did awesome job coloring it. I am ice cream fan as well I am sure your family will Love it!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Shona. You made such a bright cheerful card and worked out the color combination so well. Deserved win.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Shona. Your card is positively scrumptious in every way!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card design, colors and yummy image.
ReplyDeleteHugs Diane
This is so fun and perfectly colorful! I love the image and the way you incorporated the colors! Bravo!
ReplyDelete