Here is a photo of my dog taken today.
We live 30 minutes apart !!! Seriously!
I took my dog to agility practice on Sunday which is right by my friend's house. For the first half of the drive there wasn't a speck of snow to be seen, the second half was a Winter Wonderland. Blue sky, sun shining and snow everywhere! GORGEOUS !! Some would say I should be thankful that we get so little snow, so that seems like a good segue to my card for Impression Obsession's latest challenge, "Thanksgiving Wishes". (Although, for us Canadians, Thanksgiving has long since passed)
My friend ( with the dogs) asked me if I still use my Slice. I am so glad she reminded me about it because I don't have any Thanksgiving type stamps or dies. I don't do Thanksgiving cards, but I had a piece of BoBunny paper that looked like it would do as a b'ground, and I just got these most wonderful IO leaf dies ( DIE095-D ) I cut them out of a patterned paper and added colour with TH Distress inks and some shine with TA Glitter Glam. The sentiment was cut with my Slice. I added a punched border to the lower edge and have burlap showing out the top edge. A few sequins, and I was done!
I have to apologize to all my favourite bloggers as I have been unable to keep up with their beautiful work. It has either been raining, just finished raining, or about to start raining this entire month so far. I have weather related migraines and have only had two days that I didn't feel miserable. I haven't even been able to play with all my new IO dies. :( Not that it has stopped me from wanting more! I hope IO extends their sale to us online (and loyal) customers. My wish list never gets smaller!
Very pretty! Love those leaves. I have the small set and have been thinking I "need" the larger set as well. TFS. You may have inspired me to pull out my Slice as well! :)
ReplyDeleteSo pretty, Shona!
ReplyDeleteI know what you have been going through with
The weather and migraines. I have been having them more often too.
I hope you remain snow-free :-)
such a pretty autumn/ thanksgiving card . At 1st I thought it was a canvas LOL
ReplyDeleteHope your migraines settle down soon so you can get back to posting more of your work
Great card! Love the leaves! Amazing snow story. Very cute dogs, thanks for sharing that! And I hope your migraines calm down a bit. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteKatie B.
Thank you Shona! You always come up with so may great ideas! Your card is beautiful! But..... I don't see your box cards?
ReplyDeletePS. Tia says, my mother was taking too long taking that picture with the ground being so cold! :)
Pretty! Thanks for playing the Impression Obsession Challenge!
ReplyDeleteI love this gorgeous card, Shona! Can't believe all the snow 30 minutes away from you! Hoping we get more of a normal winter this year, but suspect we're in for another severe one. Love the picture of your beautiful dog!
ReplyDelete